Server Downtime: Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable
From: Thu. 22 Aug. 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 22 Aug. 06:00. Until: Thu. 22 Aug. 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 22 Aug. 09:00. Update size: 1 GB
Update 0.8.7 continues the cycle of updates focusing on French destroyers. Take part in the new Stage of the French event: research the French destroyer branch; gather the new collection; and obtain the new unique Commander, Philippe Auboyneau.
Aside from the new event Stage, we’ve prepared some significant changes to gameplay: a new progression system—the Research Bureau; an updated matchmaker; and improved mechanics for the priority AA sector.
French Destroyers Event: Part 2 ● Research Bureau ● Ranked Sprint ● Game Mechanic Improvements ● UI Improvements ● Armory ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes and Improvements
is currently donating money towards The Tank Museum s Jagtiger conservation & preservation every time we use this code bit.ly/WOT_THETANKMUS !
𝙈𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙜𝙤 𝙗𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙧𝙪𝙥𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮!
Continuing on from the last devblog, War Thunder is going to introduce the Westland Scout and its naval version the Wasp in 1.91. These two helicopters will form the early tiers of the British Helicopter tree and are set to be on par with the Helicopters of the other nations, coming armed with 2 7.62mm GPMGs and 4 SS.11 ATGMs. The main differences between the Scout and the Wasp will be their tops speeds, with the Scout having a top speed of 193 km/h (120 mph) and the Was a speed of 211 km/h (131 mph).
The closed testing of the Minsk map continues with a different map variant aside from those shown in the previous news.
- Added river crossings near both sides of the central bridge to provide opportunity for manoeuvring if you need to change positions.
- Large trees and some bushes from the landscape area were removed for easier driving and spotting.
- Positions for tank destroyers are now clearer and more comfortable.
- The long firing sectors on the landscape area along the avenue were removed. The landscape area was reworked to provide more tactical opportunities. Some hills allow to take advantage of the elevation/depression angles and strong turrets. Those changes in the landscape allow to move along the whole avenue on both sides.
- Added a new position – an unfinished building – as a counterpart to the circus.
- Added a path in the city for the team starting in the upper part to help them getting to positions easier and allow for additional manoeuvring in the city block.
- The city blocks behind the Victory Square were opened up; it’s now possible to engage vehicles in the city that way.
- The base positions were changed, and the landscape has been corrected.
- We expanded the ford near the top base and removed some embarkment area elements, so driving is easier and more straightforward now.
- We completely reworked the yard layouts in the western part of the map; they are now more spacious and fit for manoeuvring. To keep the historical layout, the structure of the two entrances remains, however it’s now possible to fire through the entrance near the red line at mid-range. Medium tanks will have more space in these yards, there will be fewer encounters with groups of enemies, and it will be easier to fall back from them.
- The white fence pillars at the landscape area blocking fire and movement were removed.
East vs. West Cold War Warriors
As East and West prepared for war, nations prepared by building bigger and better tanks than their adversaries.
This display of Cold War Warriors from TANKFEST 2019 features the T72, Leopard PRTL, Chieftain, Leopard 1, M103, Challenger 1 and the M60, with commentary by Curator David Willey.
Buy tickets for TANKFEST 2020 here! https://tankmuseum.org/whats-on/event…
Today, in the run-up to Gamescom, War Thunder has released the first proper devblog for War Thunder 1.91 and it comes in the form of the AH.1 Lynx, a British helicopter built by Westland that has only recently come out of service with the British armed forces. In-game it is set to be armed with a wide variety of weapons, and from the pictures, we can see Hellfire missiles will be amongst them. The others listed and observed so far are the following: 20 mm Oerlikon KAD-B cannon, 70 mm rockets Hydra 70, 8 ATGMS (either TOW2 or Hellfire) and 4 Stinger AAMs.
World of Warships Development Blog
Back in 2018 many of you have participated in the operation called ‘Terror of the Deep’. This event allowed everyone to try a new class in our game — submarines. By the end of the event, it became clear that our players are highly interested in submarines and we should be engaged in full development.
And now, we are happy to announce that the first stages of closed testing will begin shortly, where the new gameplay of submarines will be tested. The American and German submarines will be the pioneers of the new class.
After the SuperTest submarines will be available for players to try on a special server, before being added to the main game client. Once introduced, the new class will initially be available in a special separate battle type only and this final configuration stage will last for several months. This will allow us to make additional changes to the new class under the conditions of the live server.
We will be sharing more details with you shortly. Follow our official game channels for more news!
From the WoWs Forum
Hello everyone, today we have been given an insight into the planned German Ground Forces tech tree shuffle that was announced late last year. For those of you who have not heard of this, it has been the dev teams intention to make the German Ground Forces a bit more historical, taking particular issues with the Maus, Tiger II (105), Panther II and the Flakpanzer 341. As I am sure you notice, these designs are either blueprint only, or never went beyond the prototype stage. Here is War Thunder’s official comment on these vehicles:
This is from his Russian channel, it seems that some of this content has been shown before but still funny. Enjoy.
Most regions will be getting this micro patch overnight.