Hello everyone, this is taken directly from the Wowp portal and explains the new event in more detail.
The island of Great Britain has undergone invasion and occupations from armies and empires throughout its storied history, from the Romans when it became Britannia, to the French in 1066 following the Battle of Hastings. Testament to the land’s endurance and persistence, the oldest name for Great Britain is Albion, meaning ‘upper world’, a stark contrast to the underworld. Albion has become a battleground once again, but the threat doesn’t come from the land or the sea…
The time has come to defend or seize the Skies of Albion, and secure air supremacy for the faction with which your allegiance lies! Taking control of either Allied or Axis forces, players will be able to fight for dominance of Great Britain’s airspace to win prizes every day, from Gold and Premium Account time to a series of brand new warplanes.
A new Skies of Albion themed Hangar, introduced in the latest update, will greet pilots as they start the game, and it will have two states: peacetime and wartime. When a player logs in, the hangar will be in the peacetime state, with a countdown to wartime appearing in the hangar, leading to a confrontation between factions after the player aligns with either the Allies or Axis.
When you play standard battles (Tier IV minimum), every victory accomplished will add to a counter for your faction. At the end of confrontations, players on both sides will receive loot boxes, though the winning team will be rewarded with bigger prizes. These loot crates can also be purchased during the event, though everything can be earned through battle prowess and a hearty dose of valour!
Participate in confrontations and rack up the victories to win loot boxes packed with fantastic prizes, including:
- Special Missions – complete these to earn new warplanes!
- Premium Account time
- Free XP
- Pilots with 3 skill points
- Premium consumables
- New Year Emblems
- Hangar Slots
Complete Special Missions earned throughout the Skies of Albion event to earn brand new warplanes, including a new branch of British Multirole Fighters, and a new branch of German Bombers:
- Dornier Do 17 Z – Tier IV German Bomber
- Junkers Ju 88 A – Tier V German Bomber
- Dornier Do 217 M – Tier VI German Bomber
- Hawker Hurricane I – Tier IV Multirole Fighter
- Hawker Hurricane II – Tier V Multirole Fighter
- Hawker Tornado – Tier VI Multirole Fighter
SKIES OF ALBION – NEW WARPLANES
The following aircraft can also be obtained through loot box spoils throughout the Skies of Albion event:
- Myasishchev RB-17 – Tier VIII Soviet Bomber
- Messerschmitt Me 109 TL – Tier VIII Multirole Fighter
- Mitsubishi J8M Shusui – Tier VIII Japanese Fighter
- Arado Ar 67 – Tier II German Fighter
- Curtiss Hawk II – Tier II Chinese Fighter
- Boeing YP-29 – Tier III American Fighter
- Supermarine Type 224 – Tier III British Fighter
- Curtiss Model 81A-1 – Tier IV American Fighter
- Nakajima Ki-43-Ic – Tier IV Chinese Fighter
- Vickers Venom – Tier V British Fighter
- Chance-Vought XF4U-1 – Tier V American Fighter
Albion needs you! Get airborne now to protect or defend this ancient realm, and claim the coveted spoils that lie within the shimmering isle. If you haven’t yet jumped into the World of Warplanes, click here to download the Wargaming.net Game Center, and follow these instructions to sign up and kickstart your career as an ace pilot.