This is going live this evening. The first stage is HERE .
HD Garage, Glacier map, and Music
Beta Phase Two for Update 1.0 is here! If you haven’t tried it out yet, there’s never been a better time to join the Beta, get hands-on with 1.0 and help fine-tune the update! Here’s what to expect:
Garage — Now with People and In Stunning HD!
I Need a Hero
There’s one tank you will notice in all its glory, the Hero. Displayed behind your selected tank, the Hero will change intermittently and just like your tanks, you can interact with it in great detail. By simply clicking on the Hero in the background, the camera will fly over and this tank will take the foreground and all its vital information will be displayed.
Also, at the bottom of the screen, you will notice the “PURCHASE” button, which if you click on, you will be sent to the Premium Shop. We would ask you to test out the feature properly to make sure that it works correctly. Don’t worry, you will not be buying anything and no in-game currency will be taken from your account, this is simply to see if it is working as intended.
Get Closer Than Ever Before
With the previous Garage, the maximum distance you could get away from the tank was 12m. Now, you can zoom out even further (perfect for viewing the gigantic Japanese super heavies).
You can also zoom in further than before so you can see a level of detail, you’d never noticed before especially if you’ve ever had trouble reading the script on a gun.
If you are inactive for a period of time, the camera will go to work and flyover the tank. This can be disabled or tweaked in the settings.
Also, when using the Garage, parallax scrolling is now in effect (meaning the screen moves with your mouse). If this is something that brings on motion sickness for you, don’t worry: the effect can be turned off in the settings as well.
The latest map to be added takes you and your tanks to Scandinavia. Battle in the midst of ships lodged in the ice with these steel behemoths forming the very landscape around you. Note the pics bellow the minimap are in numbered order of the highlighted places.
Music to Your Ears
A large-scale project for the World of Tanks team, the new soundtrack was recorded by the Prague Symphony Orchestra and aims to create military “tank” music that is as authentic as possible for each map. Drawing inspiration from the music all across the globe, the music aims to match its locale. There certainly are some great tracks with hidden references in, see if you can find them!
Discover how you can join the Common Test:
How the CT works
New to testing? Check out our handy guide to public tests.
Eligibility: All players registered prior to 21:59 CET (UTC+1) on 3 February can participate in the test.
Feedback: please post your general feedback about the test version and bug reports in the special thread on our forum.
- Download the test client installer (4,9 MB).
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files.
- Save and run the installer.
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data.
- Log in and start playing.
The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery: 04:00 UTC every day. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Second Periphery: 05:00 UTC every day. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Central Database: 09:00 UTC every day. Average duration will be around 2 minutes.
The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
Preliminary List of Changes
- Improper display of large knocked down trees on the Live Oaks map.
- The suspension of some vehicles is displayed improperly at the minimum settings in the SD client.
- When switching to the full-screen mode during the first login, the entire Garage background is green after automatic detection of the graphics settings. To eliminate the issue, restart the game client.
- Freezes in some cases when the player’s vehicle is destroyed.
- FPS drop in the sniper mode when aiming through semi-transparent bushes.
- The map loading time may exceed the expected duration.
- Low performance at the Ultra settings during the first seconds after loading a map.
- Performance drops in some cases when switching to the sniper mode.
- Performance drop when objects are destroyed by the HAVOK technology.
- Improper names of settings in the game client.
- It takes much time to load vehicle textures when entering a battle.
- When in the full-screen mode, the signal (game) frequency does not correspond to the screen refresh rate.
- The issue related to the vehicle silhouette outline.
- Sometimes, decals are not displayed on vehicle armor upon receiving a hit, or decals are displayed in a different location.
- Players can get to areas that are not intended for playing. Example: a pillbox on the Siegfried Line map.
- Sound gets muted in one of the channels (left or right).
- The sounds of receiving damage is not played.
- The red flash effect displayed when a shell hits the player’s vehicle is excessively bright and distracting.
- Vehicle silhouette outline is not displayed when aiming at the vehicle through fences.
- The terrain shape in the client differs from the terrain shape on the server on the Paris map at square K 3–4.
- Players can get into the castle on the Himmelsdorf map.
- Graphics artifacts are displayed in the sky on the Ruinberg map.
- A rock is displayed hovering in the air on the Redshire map at square B8.
- Artifacts are displayed on tesselated latices on the Himmelsdorf map.
- Sometimes, the actual default condition of the map border does not correspond to the map border default option.
- When playing on the Cliff map, wet vehicles are “flickering” at particular camera angles.
- Shadows flickering on the player’s vehicle in the Garage.
- Gamma Settings may work improperly.