Good day everyone,
Quick Q&A from Anton Pankov discussing the upcoming Polish tanks as well as some of the feedback from Ranked Battles and other recent announcements:
– In the past we have been trying to add a Polish content in the game, now we have a prime candidate, we want to release this premium machine – Pudel (Poodle).
We spent quite a long time looking for a suitable sample, and eventually settled on Panther, the tank was captured by the Polish resistance, at the moment it was the most suitable tank going by tier and combat characteristics. The tank will appear in game sometime this year.
– We are certainly aware of the “Rudy” tank and the TV series of the same name, and we understand that this is very important. Together with the release of the Polish nation in the client and the advent of “Poodle” we will not take immediate steps to transfer the T-34-85 “Rudy” to the Polish branch. To date, the only options for us is to leave it in the Soviet tree, or transfer it to the Polish, but that will be done much later. This is due to transfers in all regions and possibly giving players the choice in what they want to do.
– At the moment, we have a tech tree candidate. We are looking for unique tanks from the country and we’ve made a lot of progress in this, and are trying to put together our tree, and we will show it in the foreseeable future. We also need to resolve the question of how the Polish machines will interact with other European tree. We have a candidate tree, but we’ll still continue to work on it. That said we’re not going to rush into discussing specific Polish tanks or crew voices, anything like that.
From talks with players in LiveJournal:
– Everything we needed to know about Ranked was recorded and will be looked at.
Known issues to work on: Overall balance, map rotation, experience allocation for damage, Medals, skill signs, and marks on the barrel. This is all stuff to consider for the next session. We can’t really make changes on the fly.
* Anton, the idea recently came up that some might “farm” a stupid number of battles. Could you limit the number of fights per day at least 20-25?
– No, a limitation on the number of fights is not an option. Perhaps the increase in the number of ranks and the emergence of a greater number of non-combustibles, but it is only me thinking aloud.
* You’ve recently made changes to the main site, whiy? The new site looks good on phones but most of this is unnecessary considering most of us have learned how to navigate a mobile and desktop site. So why does the desktop site now look like a mobile tile site?
– It’s a bit of a shock, but you need to get used to it.
* Why not add some depth to the gaining of ranks? For example: two ranks- top 12, 3 ranks- top 10.
– Too hard, it’d be easier to increase the overall number of ranks, and make the intermediate ranks non-losable.
* By the way, Anton, we don’t need the over complicated conditions to win the current marathon. The potatoes are burning more than usual because of it.
– Ok 🙂
* Supertest already had a Tier 6 Tiger tested. I don’t really understand the need to test the same tank: Heavy Tank No.6, Tiger 131, Tiger 217 … and the conveyor belt keeps going.
– 217, we have a cunning plan, it is very insidious.