Since the Lansen C was just released in World of Tanks, I’ve decided to write this article to show you the truth about the Swedish Lansen C.
SP15 and I already had a laugh at it when it was first announced as it’s a frankenstein of a tank.
While I don’t know much about the Lansen from the perspective of Sweden, i know a lot about the Swiss changes to the Lansen which basically made it a completely new tank that looked like the original Lansen.
First of all: The Lansen itself was initially a 75 mm Armed light tank with a maximal armor thickness of 50mm on the Turret and 38mm on the hull. In addition, the 105mm gun the Lansen C gets is wrong, Lansen C never even was considered with a gun of that caliber. Other Lansen designs possibly had it, though since I don’t know the story from the Swedish side, i can’t confirm nor deny that. The Lansen C also never was planned with the Volvo engine that WG ended up giving it.
Secondly Lansen C was a swiss made design in collaboration with sweden and less sweden designing it for the swiss.
As Wargaming had mentioned was the Lansen had multiple gun options such as a 84mm ( 20pdr) gun with the length being L/65, which would have resulted in the maximal possible recoil the Lansen could have handled, They also suggested a L/75 84mm gun, but that would have been to much for the tank to be able to withstand. another plan was it to mount a 90mm L/60 gun which would have barely been able to fit in the turret, but the Muzzle velocity would have to be reduced to 800-850 m/s and a projectile weight of merely 11 kg in order for the tank to withstand the recoil. Continue reading
Since the French wheeled vehicles have been in the game for about a month now, I’ve decided to take a look at the swiss wheeled light tank branch and while I already made a post on them a while ago, I have made many changes to said line and the whole tree for that matter.
For now I’ll be talking about my idea of a swiss wheeled vehicle branch, how it would look and what it could bring to the game.
First of all we could talk about the overall gameplay that we could expect from these vehicles. While they would all be 4×4 except for the tier 10 vehicle, which would be 6×6. So a switch system would not work. It would only be one speed and one mode of agility. So alternatively while looking at the vehicles I had chosen I’ve noticed an interesting feature the tier 8-10 candidates have: they could all swim. While there certainly are vehicles in the game that could swim on their own (without many preparations like the Strv 103 or the Sherman for example) the Swiss wheeled lights would be a great way to introduce such a mechanic. And while it would be very situational and could not be used on every map, it could certainly give them the ability to escape from places other vehicles can’t, like the bodies of water at the Abbey map, the ability to flank a lot easier on the southern end, or even get a short-cut through the water in the middle of Malinovka. They could even get a better passability through water, so they barely slow down those maps with some water. But this is all just an idea and it’s unlikely we’ll see that at all, they could just end up being normal vehicles without any fancy gimmick. Continue reading
I apologize for being a bit late for this as the patch was released a week ago. But here we go.
Patch 2.0.10 will include the high tier German Schnellbomber. Tier 7 is the Junkers Ju 288A, tier 8 is the Ju 288C, tier 9 is the Ju 287 and tier 10 is the Junkers EF 131.
In addition to that, the Heinkel He 111 H-2 which until now was only a reward plane, is now available in the premium store.
Following Aircraft have been added to this patch for Supertester and Developers:
-Horten Ho 229, Tier 8 fighter
-Yakolev Yak-7 M-82A, Tier 5 multiorole fighter
The german tier 7 to 9 bombers are currently available from the Blade of Vengeance event. After the even, you can research those planes. The Ju EF 131 won’t be released for research until May, alongside the Su-10E tier 10 Soviet bomber.
From here on out it’s all copy paste.
Balance changes for some aircraft
- Me 265 – updated damage model, reduced the tailplane’s susceptibility to critical damage.
- Me 329 – updated damage model, increased the burst length and accuracy of the 30 mm MK-108 guns, increased bomb reload speed, slightly reduced the turret’s horizontal firing angles, increased maneuverability in pitch.
- Ме P.1099B – increased the burst length and accuracy of the standard 30 mm MK-108 guns, the improved turret mount no longer affects the speed.
- IL-40 – slightly reduced the turret’s horizontal firing angles, slightly reduced the forward-firing armament damage.
- IL-40P – slightly reduced the turret’s horizontal firing angles.
- Javelin – updated damage model, which will increase its survivability under fire.
- J8M – increased the accuracy and cooldown rate of the forward-firing armament, increased maneuverability at high speed, increased speed and maneuverability at high altitudes, improved the optimal speed, updated the damage model.
Pilot Skills Changes
- The pilot’s injury will now have a greater effect on the use of bombs and rockets. During a critical (red) injury, in addition to reducing accuracy, there will also be a slight decrease in the damage caused.
- The effect of the Demolition Expert skill on damage and blast radius has been reduced from + 15% to + 10%.
- Activated the Group respawn mechanics. The queue time for respawn will take about 15-30 seconds.
- The number of times that the player’s aircraft has been destroyed no longer affects the respawn time.
- The airbase no longer has the ability to reduce the queue time for respawn.
- The Arctic Region: Winter War map layout is now available only for Tier II-IV battles.
- The Arctic Region: Ancient Hill map layout is now available only for Tier III-IV battles.
- The Cold Peak: Gem of the Mountain map layout is now available only for Tier VI battles.
- The battle tier range for most map layouts has been changed from 4 to 2.
- Added 3 new map layouts: Arctic Region: Night raid (battle Tiers IV-V), Cold Peak: Risky attempt (battle Tiers VII-VIII), and Alpine Gambit: Forgotten garrison (battle Tiers VIII-IX).
- Improved some map layouts that were previously removed from the list of available ones: territories replaced, entry points were added or replaced as well for some map layouts.
- Activated the Group respawn mechanics at 40-second intervals.
- For some map layouts, the individual number of respawns available to teams has been configured.
- Changed the number of bombers departing in different waves.
- In the Conquest and Attrition modes, the maximum number of aircraft belonging to the PvE-class (bombers and attack aircraft) was reduced to 4 per team.
- In the Invasion and Escort modes, the maximum number of aircraft belonging to the PvE-class (bombers and attack aircraft) has been reduced to 5 for the attacking team.
- Added separate matchmaker settings for new players. If the players earned less than 4,000 XP in the game, they will get into battles, where the entire enemy team consists of Bots.
Aircraft Type-Specific Missions
- Two aircraft type-specific missions for heavy fighters were replaced with new ones. The respective achievements were added.
- Changed the aiming system for Bots in order to increase their effectiveness against poorly maneuvering targets. Speaking about actively maneuvering targets, the Bot’s firing effectiveness will remain unchanged or slightly decrease.
- Slightly reduced the territory type influence on the priorities of Bots. Now they will be less likely to choose more prioritized, but remote sectors, when the nearest ones are not captured.
- Updated the sounds of jet aircraft engines. Single, double and multi-engine jet aircraft will now sound different.
- Fixed a bug with the lack of graphic effects for a jet blast for some aircraft.
- Fixed a bug due to which the display of propellers did not change when flying at an extreme altitude (engines did not stall visually).
- Fixed a bug due to which the player’s camera in the Sniper mode could stop changing its position in space with the movement of the aircraft.
- Fixed a bug that caused a black screen after the end of the countdown before the battle or reentering the battle.
- Fixed a critical game client error when launching the game on Steam with a Steam Controller connected.
Welcome back everyone! Today we are going to take a look back at the Swedish assault guns. But before we do that id like to announce that I will be doing a couple of articles on WG’s recently announced Swedish medium branch, and the new Swedish premium tanks. I will also be holding a general Q&A over at my Blog: From the Swedish Archives:
The Sav m/43 was a WW 2 era assault gun that served with the Swedish armed forces between 1945 and 1973. In total of 36 were built during 1944-47 by Scania-Vabis. These vehicles were initially equipped with short 75 mm guns but all vehicles were retrofitted with 105 mm guns in 1946. They would serve with both the infantry and artillery where they were organized in independent assault gun divisions or platoons. The Sav m/43 would be superseded by the Ikv 102 & 103 infantry support guns which featured a similar main gun on a much lighter and more mobile chassis.
December is here, so it’s time to decorate a tree, turn on the fairy lights, and, of course, accept some gifts. Immerse yourself in the holiday bustle with the new Operation Holiday Maneuvers event!
Join the jolly winter marathon and collect candy to be rewarded with aircraft from the new branch of multirole fighters, a unique pilot, days of Premium Account, gold, and much more.
Complete daily missions and get the most out of each battle to collect a whole load of candy. Advancing along the marathon route depends directly on the amount of candy you have. Every candy piece you earn moves you closer to the coveted reward!
You can get candy by participating in battles, completing daily missions, or finding them in the holiday Supply crate: Continue reading
Original Article on the Wowp main page
Update 2.0.9 introduces new aircraft to World of Warplanes, balance and game mode changes, new opportunities to speed up the path to the best vehicles in the game, and, of course, the Christmas Event.
Fans of intense aerial combat might enjoy the new British multirole Hawker line as the key features of these aircraft are their high speed and powerful weapons. New boosters, in turn, allow players to get increased rewards for their efforts — earn even more credits and experience to make the most of every battle! Attack aircraft pilots might like the new opportunity to manually reload outboard weapons. This feature will guarantee that you will be fully armed when flying to any target. In addition, with this update release, all players get the chance to receive two unique Premium aircraft by completing special chains of missions available in the Supply Service.
Operation Holiday Maneuvers
Greetings everyone, the Teaser Trailer for the Gameplay in Pagan Online has just been released. If anyone wants to apply for testing, here’s is the website https://www.pagan-online.com/join-the-trials
The strv m/38, m/39, m/40L & m/40k were Swedish light tanks that served with the Swedish army troughout and beyond ww2. At one point they were some of the most advanced tanks in the world but after the war they would be religated to the role of reconnaissance vehicles.
In the mid 1930s as tensions were starting to rise in mainland Europe the Swedish army began looking at the acquisition of new tanks for its first tank battalion. The Swedish army had since 1922 operated an experimental tank battalion at Göta livgarde which had allowed them to gain experience with operating tanks. The tanks used by the Göta livgarde tank battalion were however severely outdated and due to a lack of spare parts half of the vehicles ended up being cannibalized.
Several attempts were made to find a replacement in the late 20’s – early 30’s but despite testing numerous potential designs and even funding the development of a domestic tank design (the strv m/31) mediocre trial results and a lack of funds forced the army to delay the purchase. I wont go into detail about those attempts here but If you want to know more about them I have an article on the Strv m/31’s development. Continue reading
Greetings everyone, Wargaming is announcing their new game Pagan online which is an Online ARPG game . Visit www.pagan-online.com to apply for the closed beta.