I believe it’s time that I write about how badly designed and outdated the Barracks in WoT are.
Since I bought the MT-25, I got a new appreciation for the Light Tank class in World of Tanks so recently decided to start grinding a few new tech lines but I found an annoyance which many of you are also having: The Rental crews have overcrowded my Barracks!
Last night, I found out I had over 100 crew members that had been accumulating (without consent).
I don’t have the habit of transferring my crews around given that I got decent ones in all my commonly played tanks but that changed with the LTs, I have a really sweet crew in my Chaffee that I would like to transfer to my M7 but I am unable to at the moment, for example.
I do really appreciate the fact that Wargaming has decided to gives us those crews, they come with some nice base XP and special perks even but when they started making these rental missions they should have put some thought into updating the Barracks system as well. It is clear by the number of complaints that can be found around in the forums and other areas that this should have been done long ago.
This is such a common issue that I just by Googling “WoT Barracks” this is what comes up:
I suggest Wargaming do the following:
- Stop playing the recruiter! Give players a consent option to whether they want a specific rental crew or not, this can be easily done by adding an extra tab on the pop-up “news/what’s up” when you log into the garage. It won’t clutter that way and there won’t be an extra dialogue boxes to close down.
- Put them in tents or build a Rental Barrack! This goes again with giving the player the decision to keep the rental crew or not but instead, the crew are automatically sent into a separate area that won’t fill up our standard Barracks. The Rentals could remain in those Barracks until decided to be turned into a “standard crew”.
- “Put that on the tab!” Options, options! We need browsing more browsing options in the barracks:
- Separate the crew by sexes. The company made female crews a big deal, so much so they even have their own “Sisterhood of Steel” so it seems only logical that there should be a search option for male and female separately. I personally only realised I had a female crew being unused after I just happened to casually scroll through the Barracks, for example.
- Add the option to show and delete stock crews at 50%. A lot of other games have option to delete trash items from inventory, so why cant we?
I made the math, it would cost me over 2k gold to get enough Barrack’s space without having to go throught the hassle of deleting crews, I have plenty of gold in my account that is for sure but I am speaking for those who do not. Plus, there’s always the option to delete the crew and tank from the garage but such rentals are not that visible when the player has plenty of tanks and especially if he/her doesnt not care about missions with rental vehicles to stay updated about such.
I doubt this is the reason why the Barrack overhaul has been neglected for so long but it definetly feels like a very cheeky way of making the players spend and buy gold just to save themselves from going trought a badly/outdated interface.
Those suggestions alone can make such a difference.
If you have extra suggestions make sure to type them in the comment section, these are just the ones from the top of my mind and would love to read your take on this.