Every year around this time, the World of Tanks Console Stream puts together a charity livestream to raise money for the Childrens Miracle Network Hospitals. This year’s goal is $5,000
This year it will be a 25 hour livestream starting on November 4th, 8AM US Central Time.
The live stream will have developer interviews and presentations, community platoons, collaborations with Console community streamers, and of course giveaways (yes, some stuff for you PC guys is advertised as well).
So swing by, donate if you feel like, or just to show you’re support for a good cause.
For more info, take a look at the full post on the Console forum here.
Two event promotional videos.
First the World of Warships then the WoT Console event.
Good day everyone,
So we’ve all known of WarGamings actions (mostly bans) against illegal mod users, but recently it seems they’re making a further step away from users and now handing letters to sites hosting links to illegal mods, cheats etc.
Here is the letter:
As stated, official partner sites are exempt from this, and the usual batch of mods will likely be untouched for some time (<cough> XVM <cough>).
In a rather bizarre move on World of Tanks Console, WarGaming is shutting down the non-English community sections of it’s forum on October 26th. The reasoning behind this decision according to the original post by Ph3lan (which has now been deleted, so no screencaps):
For the past 4 years, our game has grown and evolved. Alongside the game’s growth and evolution, so has the player community. This evolution of the community has led to changes on where the discussion about the game happens. With that being said, Wargaming EU must also change in order to better communicate with its console community.
Social Media is now the focal point of the community’s discourse. New and exciting possibilities are also offered by the tools available on the Xbox and PS4 systems.
Moving forward, we will use these platforms to better interact with the community and will move away from the forums as a means of communication from the 26th of October, 2017.
You can find us here:
– On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wotconsole/
– On Twitter: https://twitter.com/…g_neten?lang=en
Brief post for our console readers, listed server downtimes for Update 4.1 (full patchnotes can be read here):
PS4 – 12:00 FET (09:00 UTC, 04:00 CDT, 02:00 PDT) (CES – 11AM) October 10th 2017
XBOX -14:00 FET (11:00 UTC, 06:00 CDT, 04:00 PDT) (CES – 1:00PM) October 10th 2017
Downtime will be 3+ hours.
Since downtime is longer than expected, we will be compensating premium time holders a day of premium.
In a nice move from WG Chicago-Baltimore, some update notes and balance changes for their next update! So far 4.1 is looking to be released on October 10th:
Download Sizes –
Xbox One: ~4.7GB / Xbox 360: ~117MB title update + 1.5GB download
PlayStation 4: ~4.4GB
- Server Replays: view your last last five battles during the same gaming session — pause, play, skip forward/backwards, change speeds and camera
- Siege Mode: The Swedish nation introduces new gameplay mechanics and aiming system, only available on certain high-tier Swedish tank destroyers. The TDs are equipped with a unique hydro-pneumatic suspension where they can raise and lower the front of their hulls. Because the guns are fixed to the hull, they have little gun traverse and rely on their hull to change their gun direction and elevation. This limits them to two firing modes: Drive and Siege. In Siege, the Camouflage Net and Binocular Telescope remain active during hull movement.
- Persistent Platoons: two-person Platoons can move between eligible game modes without disbanding
Once again, it’s time for another preview of the content coming to World of Tanks Console over the next month. It’s, well, it’s what you’ve come to expect by now…
The first Swedish premiums are set to come to the store this month, with a standard version of the autoloading Strv. m/42-57, and a painted up version of the Strv S1:
Once again we have another WoT Console Q&A, taken straight from their latest development stream. Mostly keeping to actual development related questions. A more “official” version may come later as this is a straight transcription from the stream. If there is any new info there I’ll be sure to post. This time we have lead developer Jeff Gregg:
When will players see missing maps return? (A large number of maps had been removed do to a number of stated reasons, from player response to Xbox 360 memory limits).
- Maps. You know I feel your pain… I think right now we have 40 maps and over 80 if you count the variants, but I still understand if there’s maps that were in there that are not in there it never feels good to have something taken away, and we are working to get those maps back in. There is something I can tell you that’s being addressed as I talk and hopefully we can get out soon: As we looked into the current maps that are in there, we’re about to deploy a better distribution of the maps that are active in the game, to try to alleviate those people who may be seeing a lot of repeats… so not trying to poo-poo the answer or dodge the question, I don’t have an answer to say when, what I can say on what we got right now and we’re doing right now is trying to solve the problem of anybody who thinks they aren’t seeing enough of what is available.
On why those maps were removed: No new info. “Technicalities and design challenges regarding map size”
When can we get more emblem spots on tanks?
- Emblem spots, ok. Typically most tanks have two that are either left and right turret or left and right hull. It’s a bit of a misnomer because of the way we have to set up all of the tanks is that if you have multiple hulls or you have multiple turrets we have to set up positions to every one of that tank’s turrets and hulls, because if you upgrade something it really wouldn’t be acceptable for one of those to disappear. More is actually technically possible, we would just need to look at each individual module and find room and space to put all those things, so it would just take time. If there are certain tanks that are a higher priority to people that might be helpful, but not a promise that’d be a fast turnaround to put that stuff in. Another thing we need to remember is if we add even just one more emblem to every tank, thats actually 30 more emblems that need to be rendered on the field.
That time again, where we look over (and sometimes dread) some of the new content coming to World of Tanks Console through the month of September:
Mariya Oktyabrskaya & ‘The Fighting Girlfriend’
In a nice touch for those who are fans of historical tanks and commanders, WoT Console is introducing Mariya Oktyabrskaya, the first female tanker to ear the title “Hero of the Soviet Union” and her T-34 ‘The Fighting Girlfriend’.
Along with this, there will be a new earn op for the “Honor” variant of the T-28E.
A new chapter of the War Stories mode will be added: Operation Sea Lion. Another alternate history scenario where the Germans begin their invasion of Britain. Continue reading
Good day everyone,
Tomorrow World of Tanks Console will be receiving a new update, primarily focused around the recently announced War Stories mode. As of launch, two PvE campaigns will be available, the first being Brothers in Armor: a short tutorial focused on an American commander training a Soviet crew on a Lend-Leased M4. The second will be Flashpoint Berlin, an alternate history scenario in which British armor must punch through the Soviet blockade of West Berlin. The campaigns will have comic style cutscenes, seen a bit here: