Good day everyone,
New Reddit WG Q&A with Artem Safronov, Andrey Beletsky, Maxim Chuvalov (Executive Publishing Producer, creative director, Publishing Director respectively). Questions and answers are taken straight from the original Reddit thread, wonky formatting included:
Is there any truth to the rumors of buffing the German tree?
Will the German lines be getting some love any time soon? I really like the German tanks but the tier 10’s aren’t desirable at all for CW, except for the Maus in niche strategies.
– Andrei Beletsky: We are planning to look into overall balance of all trees across all the nations in 2019, so, to some extend, there is. Continue reading
As promised, the video overview of the 1.3 test server:
Good day everyone,
So testing for Update 1.3 is soon upon us, and with it some new content and adjustments, lets see what is known so far:
- New Customization Options
- Personal Mission 2.0 Changes
- Dynamic display for Personal Mission progress in battle
- Changes for some Personal Mission 1.0 reward tanks (not specified)
- Changes to Pilsin, Himmilsdorf, Mannerheim Line, and Fisherman’s Bay
- A new map for Grand Battles mode
In addition, soon testing will begin for Tier 8 Grand Battles
We’ll be sure to post more info as it comes. The update for those with the test server client should be out now.
We have a free cam video of the supertest From WoT Express YouTube channel.
By WG staff from the forums: As part of the test, we want to make the map more tactically diverse and suitable for all classes of vehicles. The problems that we want to solve are the linear battle development around Victory Square and the central part of the map, which we want to make more playable.
In order to improve the gameplay, we will try to move the game area a little to the north, towards the theatre, while also moving the bases to the south-east and north-west parts of the map, respectively. Such changes will allow us preserve the historical component of the location: we will not make fundamental differences between the virtual and real-life Minsk, but at the same time, we will adjust the gameplay.
The new relief of the map’s center will be more suitable for active maneuvering and provide more shooting opportunities. It will also provide more chances to encounter the enemy: based on the situation in battle, it may be advantageous to have a quick attack through buildings in the corner, a search party scouting diagonally, or a more cautious, positional strategy.
As part of the Supertest, we plan to get stats on the playability of the updated map, see which battle scenarios occur more often and how exactly the tanks distribute themselves in battle. We are also interested in your feedback on the proposed changes: share your thoughts on the forums and/or on social media.
Last of the 4 new vehicles introduced in to Supertest over the last week. This new German tier VIII Premium Light Tank can be seen in comparison with the Spähpanzer Ru 251 which is now tier IX. Russian blog said “Tortilla and chili sauce burritos clearly did not benefit this tank …” It has an unfinished Model only. Images are clickable.
Source WoT Express.
First of a new Promotional video for the Fair Play policy.
Third-party programs that manipulate gameplay by granting an unfair advantage are not welcome in World of Tanks. We’ve come a long way in weeding out harmful mods since we started taking action against cheaters.
Sanctions by server.
- RU. Very good news: 7009 players received their first and last warning, and 3143 accounts were blocked indefinitely for repeated violations.
- EU. Recently, we penalized 2,972 accounts for using prohibited software and banned another 1,115 permanently for habitually breaking the policy.
- NA. Recently, we’ve penalized 526 accounts for using prohibited software and banned another 232 permanently for habitually breaking the policy.
- SEA. Since our last update regarding the Fair Play policy, we’ve penalized an additional 55 accounts for using prohibited software and banned another 20 permanently for habitually breaking the policy.
Cheaters Get Banned!
Getting flagged for using prohibited third-party software for the first time will result in a warning and a seven-day ban. Breaking the policy for the second time will end in a permanent ban. Please be careful of the modifications you are using, so if you are not sure if a mod is allowed or not, don’t download it to avoid the potential risk of losing an account you’ve built for years.
We’ll continue the fight to create a system as fair as possible. We also have an important message for you: ensuring fair play will always be our top priority. However, in the end, it takes two to squash the use of harmful mods: players and developers. Please stay away from illegal programs and help us create a great gaming environment! If you’d like a deeper understanding of what is considered cheating or exploiting in World of Tanks, head this way:
To make it as easy as possible for you to find game mods that are safe to use, earlier this year we have launched the Mod Hub, where you can find modifications officially verified by Wargaming. Find more information in the announcement or visit the Mod Hub directly.
Some small stat changes for the Tier X (possibly reward?) tank in supertest, and some screenshots:
- Hull Front Armor: 114.3mm increased to 127mm
- Gun Depression: Increased from 7 to 10 degrees
- Some minor gun handling buffs
Some images for the newest camo patterns added to the game. Non-historical (for those who have that filter selected) and all season:
Updated stats for the artist formally known as Object 432: