NOTE: in this iteration of the sandbox, we test HE shells for tech tree and some reward tanks only, there will be no changes in artillery; the difference in the damage values of some artillery shells is a mistake
The average penetration marker for HE shells has been removed – it sows 0 mm; except for artillery. RNG of +/- 25% remains.
As already seen.
Micro Patch 1.6.1_4 will be applied overnight for these Regions. Also get ready to re-install you mods.
- For SEA: World of Tanks Asia periphery servers will be down for maintenance on 17 October, 2019 between 05:00 – 05:45 UTC+8. The game and clan portal will be unavailable during the maintenance period.
- For EU: Servers and Clan Portal will be unavailable on 17.10.2019 from 06:00 – 06:45 CEST due to this update.
- For NA: WoT NA 02:00-03:00 AM PDT Thursday, October 17th. Downtime: Approximately 1 hour
Fixed some technical issues.
The latest in the series the M4 Sherman.
The M4 Sherman is one of the most produced tanks in history and most iconic American tank, it is also the focus of the Episode #4 of Tank Academy with Eekeeboo!
Very soon, ray tracing technology will appear in World of Tanks. It will help render realistic vehicle shadows. You can already see them in the new version of World of Tanks Encore RT https://wotencore.net/. How does this technology work? And will players need a special graphics card with ray tracing support? Let’s find out!
Double-barrelled vehicles can shoot in two different ways:
- Sequential: allows you to fire the guns one after another. This works just like Italian autoreloaders, just with a two-shot clip. After firing the first gun, it reloads and the second one activates. You don’t need to wait for the first gun to reload and can shoot as soon as the guns have switched. If you do, however, the reload progress of the first gun will be reset.
- Double shot: as it says, both guns fire at the same time. Wait until both are loaded, then hold the left mouse button for a few seconds to prepare and trigger the double shot. After that, both guns are locked and will not reload for some time. Then they will reload one after another.
IS-3 II (Tier IX)
The main appeal of all the vehicles with double-barrelled guns is obviously firepower. The maxed-out IS-3 II boasts two 122mm guns, each dealing 390 points of damage. One well-placed salvo can blast off ~800 hit points.
The gun takes 10.7 seconds to reload and 3.5 s to switch guns. A double shot is prepared in 3 s locked for seven seconds after. Aside from top-notch stabilisation, the accuracy is 0.4 m at 100 m. Its standard AP shells penetrate 243 mm of armour, the special APCR ones 292 mm.
However, it has rather mediocre armour and just 1,800 hit points, so be cautious on the battlefield. Only the turret offers some protection, with 250 mm frontally and up to 130 mm on the sides. In terms of mobility, the top speed is fine with 38 km/h, the power-to-weight ratio of 12.5 hp/t is average, and the IS-3 II doesn’t turn that fast. Its view range is 380 m.
To no ones surprise there is a micropatch to the new patch.
- For SEA: World of Tanks Asia Game servers and Clan Portal will be down for maintenance on 10 October, 2019 between 05:00 – 05:45 UTC+8 to deploy micropatch 1.6.1_1.
- For EU: The World of Tanks servers and Clan Portal will be unavailable on 10.10.2019 from 06:00 – 06:45 CEST due to this update.
- For NA: Micro Patch 1.6.1_1 will be applied at: WoT NA 02:00 – 03:00 AM PDT Thursday, October 10th
- Fixed some technical issues.
- Fixes for Error 1011 and 1013
The Offspring and Tank Festival
Why has the 9th anniversary been celebrated on such a grand scale? How did The Offspring end up in the game? How did the Pretty Fly tank turn out and what’s unique about it? Get all the answers in the latest Developer Diaries!