Overnight there was a micropatch rolled out on RU EU and NA. This was a small client update of only 45KB. The Patch note: “Fixed some technical issues.”
Good day everybody,
Not much going on today (at least until I publish this and some huge dearth of info comes out solely because I typed that) however there is a brief Q&A from the Minsk office. No, not the Q&A that Rita was gathering questions from the community for, this one is mostly related to the upcoming Grand Battles mode:
- There are plans for Grand Battles to move into lower tiers. Unlike Ranked Battles, those plans are already underway.
- “Grand Canyon” was initially designed for this mode. However it was never released for players and will likely be held from release.
- On that note, there is a new map for Grand Battles already being tested by the developers. So far it hasn’t been revealed anywhere, but expect to see it as soon as it’s ready.
- According to the developers and the in-game stats from testing, there shouldn’t be any issues with running out of ammunition. There is always the possibility, however the devs don’t think this should happen often enough to be considered critical.
- There is a slight increase in players in Light tanks in the new mode, however there are even more players queuing up in SPGs. The question of arty in the new mode is always being floated around.
- One third of players are playing on weak PCs.
- According to WarGaming, only about 50% of players even open the options menu, and even less actually change anything. (Such as game modes)
- New epic medals for 20-25 kills aren’t planned, however there is the possibility of stretching the existing medals by a few kills. On that note, nothing had been determined for sure.
Just a quick add-on to our post from yesterday, a few additional stats that weren’t listed earlier, and with more detail. Mostly damage and DPM related:
- Damage reduced from 360 to 320
- DPM reduced from 2206.3 to 2179
- Reload reduced from 9.79 to 8.811
- Rate of fire increased from 6.129 to 6.81
- Aim reduced from 1.82 to 1.53
- Expansion of aim circle during turret rotation reduced from 0.115 to 0.096
- Aim circle expansion during hull movement reduced from 0.173 to 0.134
- Aim circle expansion during hull rotation reduced from 0.173 to 0.134
- Aim circle expansion during turret traverse at max speed reduced from 5.06 to 4.22
- Aim circle expansion during movement at max speed reduced from 12.95 to 10.07
- Aim circle expansion during while turning at max speed reduced from 9.32 to 7.25
- DPM increased from 2188.8 to 2357.1
- Reload reduced from 8.224 to 7.636
XM551 Sheridan (*Parameters for the 105mm)
- Damage increased from 360 to 390
- DPM increased from 2448.4 to 2652.5
- Ammunition cost reduced from 3,056 to 2,821
AMX 13 105
- Damage increased from 360 to 390
- DPM increased from 2032.1 to 2201.4
- Ammunition cost reduced from 3,042 to 2,808
Just a short item. Latest news is that 9.20 will be rolled out on the RU cluster overnight August 28-29. No news about EU or NA but most likely no later than August 30-31.
As you may remember earlier this month, we posted a reworked US light tank line with things split between auto-loading and conventionally armed US light tanks. Well looks like things are moving forward, as the T71 CMCD has moved to supertest with new stats:
Engine Power: 340 hp
Power to Weight: 20
Speed: + 64 / -25 kph
Hull Traverse: 46 ° / s
Turret Traverse: 65 ° / s
View Range: 390 m
Hull Armor: 25/22/19 mm
Turret Armor: 22/22/22 mm
Good day everybody,
Here are some changes that are currently floating around supertest involving the Tier X light tanks:
AMX 13 105:
– Increased DMG from 360 to 390
– Ammunition capacity increased from 30 to 33 pieces
– Reload time reduced from 10 to 9 s
– Aim time reduced from 1.9 to 1.6 s
– Dispersion during hull movement reduced by 20%
– Shot dispersion was reduced by 20%
– Ammunition capacity increased from 30 to 35 pieces
– Reduced reload time from 8.4 to 7.8 s
– Ammunition capacity increased from 38 to 43
– increased DMG for 105 mm LT Gun from 360 to 390
– Ammunition capacity increased from 105 mm operation from 37 to 42 pieces
– Ammunition capacity increased from 36 to 40 pieces
A slightly shorter than normal episode but with the obligatory go here to give WG more money links at the end. Enjoy.
Good day everybody, quick post on the changes going into the third iteration of the 9.20 Common test:
That’s all for now folks.
After being announced several months ago, we finally have the music video collaboration between World of Tanks and Sabaton. Set to the bands existing song, “Primo Victoria”, it’s as delightfully mad as you’d hope:
In other World of Tanks soundtrack related news, WG will also be collaborating with Japanese game composer Akira Yamaoka (whose previous work includes Silent Hill) to create a new soundtrack for World of Tanks, along side work with Sabaton. Continue reading
Ru EU and NA server clusters will be updated tonight. The normal daily rollover will be replaced with Server maintenance work to upload the patch. This work is scheduled on the three servers as follows:
- RU. August 16 from 6:00 to 6:45 (MSC) servers will be unavailable due to the release of a small technical update.
- EU. The World of Tanks servers will be unavailable on 16.08.2017 from 06:00 – 06:45 CEST due to this update.
- NA.Maintenance will begin at 03:30 Pacific Time (10:30 UTC) and will last approximately one hour. During maintenance, the World of Tanks servers will be unavailable.