Update 0.8.9 kicks off a cycle of updates dedicated to Italy!
Italian Tier V–VIII cruisers in Early Access; the return of some familiar Halloween Operations; a new temporary game mode—Raid for the Filth—with three teams in each battle; a new Season of Clan Battles; and much more!
Update 0.8.9 introduces the Italian arc and our Halloween-themed event. In this episode of Developer Diaries, we’ll tell you the story of what went into creating the new ship branch and its gameplay features. We’ll also lift the veil on a new “scary” game mode.
A patch to fix the audio was uploaded overnight.
With update 0.8.8 we improved most of the sound environment in the game. Unfortunately, not everything went smoothly, and with the change, a few bugs crept in. In 0.8.8.1 we will fix these sound bugs so that you can enjoy the roar of the guns again.
List of fixes:
- Fixed an error that caused the message about the destruction of a ship to be repeated if a unique commander is assigned to the player’s ship;
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect functioning of the sound settings.
- Fixed an error that caused the engine start sound to playback after closing the tactical map;
- Fixed a bug that caused AA defense and secondaries sounds to incorrectly play whilst controlling a squadron;
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect functioning of the Azur Lane audio modification.
- Changes in the transmission of sound through space of enemy and friendly shots. The sounds of the shots will now play correctly depending on the distance of the sound source;
- The volume of the fire alarm has been reduced;
- The sound of the ship’s horns has been adjusted;
- Adjusted the sound for voice announcements about hits when using the artillery camera to track shells;
How to participate in Beta-test?
In this video we will teach how to set up the test client! You can apply here!
Yet another year has passed on our voyage, and we’ve been busy getting ready for the celebrations dedicated to World of Warship’s Fourth Anniversary!
Join the festive frenzy, and enjoy new Directives, Victory Bonuses, and an extraordinary new Port! So, what’s on offer in our celebratory Update?
Captains! We’re pleased to announce that the submarines Beta Test is set to start really soon! We’ve already informed you about the first submarine branches in the game, as well as shared the details of the main game mechanics and future gameplay changes for other ship types. Today, we’d like to invite you to take part in the Beta Test, and present a new Waterline episode in which we’ll tell you about the details of the Beta Test and discuss the most popular questions that have been raised since the announcement of submarines. You can apply here!
Hello everyone, for those of you who weren’t aware the World of Warships team have just unveiled their latest goodies for WoWS at this years Gamescom and I am writing to give you an overview of what to expect. Firstly, we have been given this teaser:
Server Downtime: Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable
From: Thu. 22 Aug. 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 22 Aug. 06:00. Until: Thu. 22 Aug. 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 22 Aug. 09:00. Update size: 1 GB
Update 0.8.7 continues the cycle of updates focusing on French destroyers. Take part in the new Stage of the French event: research the French destroyer branch; gather the new collection; and obtain the new unique Commander, Philippe Auboyneau.
Aside from the new event Stage, we’ve prepared some significant changes to gameplay: a new progression system—the Research Bureau; an updated matchmaker; and improved mechanics for the priority AA sector.
French Destroyers Event: Part 2 ● Research Bureau ● Ranked Sprint ● Game Mechanic Improvements ● UI Improvements ● Armory ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes and Improvements