In the first quarter of 2019, Frontline finally returns to World of Tanks. This time your favorite game mode has received a slight revamp making it more enjoyable than ever.
We’ve tried to keep the friendly and relaxing atmosphere, where you can play just for fun, but at the same time give you the opportunity to accomplish more goals. We’re sure you’ll enjoy it!
Before we officially launch Frontline, we’d like to make sure that the changes and revisions we’ve proposed are the best they can be. We also want to see how the updated progression system will work outside test conditions. So, Frontline will be available to everyone in the upcoming Common Test 3.
Frontline is available during the 1.4 Common Test only for your consideration and for preliminary testing. Testing Frontline now does not imply the mode will launch immediately with Update 1.4. Frontline will be activated separately from it.
Values and various characteristics that are relevant for the Common Test have been changed and do not correspond to those in the final version of the mode!
Previously, the defending team had some advantages over the attacking one. To make things right and even the battle odds, we made the following balance adjustments:
- Reduced the durability of main objectives
- Removed a number of defensive positions giving an excessive advantage
- Blocked several tracks, providing safe access behind enemy lines
- In some zones, the terrain around bases is changed in favor of the attacking team
- Removed a number of attacking positions, provoking a passive game
Based on the statistics obtained, we made some other slight changes:
- Changed locations of some Resupply Points
- Blocked a number of imbalanced firing positions previously used as vantage points for attacking Respawns
- Significantly increased damage inflicting on vehicles that haven’t left the inactive zone
- Enhanced combat abilities “Smoke Screen” and “Inspire”
- Slightly reduced damage inflicting by Airstrike and Artillery Strike
Also, in the new season the map will be optimized to ensure stable performance. You will see a noticeable increase of FPS on a PC of almost any configuration. However, Frontline will still require more system resources than regular Random Battles. This is due to several key factors that are specifically related to Frontline, including the large map size, a large number of objects and vehicles on it and activation of Combat Reserves.
This season you have the opportunity to rent tanks specifically for playing in Frontline. All rental vehicles will be replicas of existing tanks and are available only for the Frontline mode.
- The base vehicle will be available for rent for Credits throughout the Season 2019.
- Two Premium vehicles will be available for rent for gold in each Episode. All in all, there will be ten Premium vehicles provided. Each Episode the pair of vehicles available for rent will vary.
All the gold spent on rent will be accumulated in a special fund that can be used to get a discount on the purchase of the original version of any of the leased Premium tanks.