So an April event. First the trailer then the infomercial.
Now the guff.
World of Tanks Classic — a special game event — will kick off on 29 March at 08:00 CET (UTC+1) and will be available until 3 April at 08:00 CEST (UTC+2).
World of Tanks veterans! Do you remember Update 0.7.0 that released in 2011? In those glory days, the KV-3 was still capable of one-shotting you, the elusive T-50-2 struck terror into the hearts of artillery fans, and the formidable Maus could hold an entire flank all on its own, simply by blocking the bridge on Erlenberg.
At that time, we had only just introduced replays and the ability to put camouflage on vehicles. Today’s newcomers, or those who joined World of Tanks after Update 1.0, may not understand why a solitary tear rolls down our veterans’ cheeks when they remember those simpler times.
World of Tanks 0.7.0: More Than Just Nostalgia
Back in the day, World of Tanks was a very different experience, and the game physics allowed players to work wonders. Just thinking about it has made us nostalgic. So from March 29 to April 3, we’re going to give veterans a chance to relive those glory days and newcomers the opportunity to experience a piece of tanking history, even if it’s only for a short while!
Okay, What’s So Interesting About 0.7.0?
Of course, even after 8 years the game resembles the World of Tanks of 2011 in some respects, but in many ways it’s an entirely different game.
So, here’s what awaits you:
- A separate server and a separate game client
- Three classical nations: The USSR, Germany and the USA. Oh and a legend that needs no introduction… The Type 59. You won’t find any French or Swedish autoloaders here! You will get 4 sets of Crew members for each nation, with three researched skills (Firefighting, Repairs, Concealment). The Type 59 has one Crew member for each specialty.
- Special gameplay. In WoT Classic, there is no Sixth Sense, arty doesn’t stun, and light tanks only come with tracks.
- “Old school” game physics. You can easily hang off bridges and rocks and your vehicle doesn’t roll downhill. Also, tanks don’t flip over or leave the ground, and destroyed vehicles cannot be moved even by an E 100 Platoon.
- General chat. Feel free to communicate with your adversaries throughout battle, but don’t forget the World of Tanks Game Rules.
- Simplified economy. During the event, you will be able to research and purchase top-tier vehicles much faster. Also, Premium tanks, camouflage and equipment costs are also reduced. Remember: Anything you purchase in WoT Classic will not be transferred to the current version of World of Tanks!
- You can buy special shells for Gold only, not for Credits.
And finally: By participating in WoT Classic, you can earn a unique style with an inscription and an emblem. Check it out!
NOTE: Don’t worry about resources: During the event you will be credited with Gold, Credits, and Free XP. These cannot be transferred to the main server.
How to Install WoT Classic?
- First of all, you need to download the Game Center, an improved launcher allowing you to manage all Wargaming games.
- Click on the image of WoT Classic and choose a folder for installation.