Commanders, welcome to the Public Test of Update 0.9.6!
The German Carriers event, Ranked Battles, updates to the Modules tab, and other improvements, and welcome to the test!
A look through the Developer Bulletin 0.9.6
IMPORTANT! Because the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication. Some changes and new features may be removed entirely or implemented differently by the time the Update goes live. Screenshots, specific values of certain characteristics, and details of in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after the Update is released.
Update 0.9.6 kicks off a new event centered around German carriers! The Early Access ships will become available on the Live Server only when the Update is released. Meanwhile, we invite you to take part in the testing of the event.
Please note: the rewards for activities on the Public Test server may differ from those on the Live Server. The German carriers themselves won’t be available on the Public Test server.
Features of the German carriers
- Their attack aircraft are equipped with a new type of ammunition—armor-penetrating rockets. When successfully used, these are capable of inflicting heavy damage to enemy citadels. However, they may also ricochet or fail to penetrate armor when hitting a target at an acute angle—in this respect, they function in a similar way to armor-penetrating shells. When striking the thin armor of destroyers at 90-degree angles, they will often overpenetrate and deal 1/10 of the maximum damage.
- German bombers carry armor-penetrating bombs. An attacking flight dives without first climbing to a higher altitude. As it is quite difficult to adjust the position of the target reticle during an attack, their bombs are most effectively dropped on slower targets.
- The torpedoes dropped by German aircraft are fast, but have a short range and cause modest damage.
- The aircraft themselves have high cruising speeds, but somewhat small HP pools.
Early Access: German carriers IV Rhein, VI Weser, and VIII August von Parseval can be obtained by completing special combat missions. These combat missions have a specific probability of dropping from German Carriers containers.
You can get German Carriers containers as rewards for completing Directives, as well as from Daily Shipments. As well as the missions that unlock Early Access to German carriers, German Carriers containers can also drop the new “Black-White-Red” expendable camouflage and other desirable rewards.
You can get German Tokens for completing special chains of combat missions.
Rewards available in exchange for Tokens in the Armory: Iron Cross permanent camouflage for X Großer Kurfürst, X Z-52, and X Hindenburg; “Black-White-Red” expendable camouflage patterns; credits; and signals.
The Port of Hamburg has been updated.
Update 0.9.6 brings with it a new Season of Ranked Battles with a 7 vs. 7 format, playing Tier VIII ships.
Changes to the Modules tab
The Modules tab has been fully reworked. Adjusting warships before battle became too difficult and inconvenient due to the large number of ship classes and types, as well as their available enhancements. Now, the process of outfitting a ship before entering battle is clearer and will take less time.
- The tab has been renamed “Equipment.”
- The interface of the Modules block has been improved.
- You’ll be able to manage the upgrades, consumables, and modules of a ship in the same window, without having to switch between different tabs. You can mount modules with a single click.
- Dependencies between modules of different types have been removed, which makes for a simpler research process. Modules of different types are now intercompatible.
- You can view any ships you haven’t yet purchased in the new “Ship Preview” mode, without a black-and-white filter. To enter this view, click on the icon depicting a camera in the Modules block under the Equipment tab, or on the button in the ship characteristics section of the Tech Tree.
We’ve updated the audio parameters in our game and added a number of new sound effects. You can view a detailed list of the various improvements and changes in the Development Blog, as well as in our article about Update 0.9.6.
When Update 0.9.6 hits the Live Servers you’ll need to readjust the sound parameters according to your preferences. We recommend setting maximum volume for the sound categories.
The following Ports have been updated to conform to the new lighting model and enhanced HDR technology: Naval Base, Azur Lane, Dragon, and Sarushima Base.
0.9.5 then 0.9.6
The icons, descriptions, and names of some types of consumables with special parameters have been changed. This will place additional emphasis on the differences between these types of consumables and the standard ones.
Round 1 Schedule
Starts Thu. 18 Jun. 18:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 18 Jun. 17:30Ends Tue. 23 Jun. 07:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Tue. 23 Jun. 06:30
Special Features of the Test
You won’t be able to obtain German aircraft carriers IV Rhein, VI Weser, and VIII August von Parseval on the Public Test server.
Combat Missions and Rewards
|Play a Random or Co-op Battle.
Reward on the live server: 3x signals of each type, except for special signals
|Play three Random or Co-op Battles.
Reward on the live server: 10x Type 6 camouflage patterns
|Earn 8,000 base XP in Random Battles playing Tier VI–VII ships.
Reward on the live server: 1x Wargaming container
|Achieve Rank 1 in Ranked Battles.
Reward on the live server: 5x special signals of each of the following types: Dragon, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, and Hydra
One Wargaming container provides 1 day of Warships Premium Account.
Public Test 0.9.6 opens the Summer Season, which is scheduled to run across three updates.
- Completing two Directives will reward you with a season emblem.
- Completing three Directives will reward you with a unique flag, patch, and Premium Ship VI container.
- Ultimate PT Warrior unique emblem. This emblem will be granted to all players who collect four different season emblems.
|Summer Season #1|
|Complete any six missions of the Summer Season #1 Directive.
Reward on the live server: 2x German Carriers containers
The missions can be completed only once, playing Tier VIII–X ships in Random and Ranked Battles.
- At the start of the Public Test, every participant will have all researchable Tier VI ships, helmed by Commanders with 15 skill points, credited to their PT accounts.
- The research prices for ships and ship modules will be substantially discounted.
- Players will be able to reset Commander skills free of charge.
If you’re joining the Public Test for the first time since Update 0.9.3, you’ll be awarded the following additional bonuses:
- 500,000,000 credits; 30,000 doubloons; and 90 days of Warships Premium Account.
- 50 signals of all types (except for special signals) will also be added to your PT account.
If you played at least one battle on the Public Test server during the 0.9.3–0.9.5 Public Tests, your account will be copied from the live server to the Public Test server.
How to Access the Public Test
All information on how to join the Public Test and obtain its rewards is available on a dedicated page of the official website.