Commanders, welcome to the Public Test of Update 0.9.5!
We’re rolling out the Dockyard, updated combat missions, and a revamped Armory, as well as other changes. Take a look through the Developer Bulletin, and welcome to the test!
To keep it all on one page we have rolled in the Developers Bulletin.
Developer Bulletin 0.9.5
IMPORTANT! Because the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication. Some changes and new features may be removed entirely or implemented differently by the time the Update goes live. Screenshots, specific values of certain characteristics, and details of in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after the update is released.
The main feature of Update 0.9.5 is the Dockyard, where players will be able to construct two German ships at once: VI Admiral Graf Spee and VIII Odin. The Dockyard rules have been simplified in comparison to the previous iteration.
List of changes
- Ship construction at the Dockyard consists of 20 shipbuilding phases, which you can advance through by completing Directives or spending doubloons.
- The reward is VI Admiral Graf Spee in a “War Paint” camouflage. The ship becomes available upon completing shipbuilding phase 10.
- You can reach shipbuilding phase 18 out of 20 by completing Directives.
- Phases 19 and 20 can be completed only by spending doubloons.
- The cost of completing one shipbuilding phase will be 1,750 doubloons.
The process of obtaining VIII Odin is quite similar to the VIII Cossack Marathon. By completing the Directives, you’ll get VI Admiral Graf Spee and various other rewards from the Dockyard, as well as a massive discount on Odin.
Please note: the Directives will be available for 2 full updates of 0.9.5–0.9.6
For testing purposes, the completion conditions for Directives and rewards on the Public Test server may differ from those on the Live Server.
From June 24 to July 6, the Twelfth Ranked Sprint will take place. It will be fought in an 8 vs. 8 format, playing Tier VIII ships in Domination mode.
Updates to combat missions
- The combat mission interface has been improved.
- Added combat missions with an “or” condition. In such missions, one of the two conditions needs to be fulfilled in order to get the reward. Example: earn 10,000 Base XP “or” destroy 10 enemy ships. Thus, players will be able to choose which of the conditions they prefer, and fulfill the requirement playing suitable ships.
- Changed how combat missions are displayed on the post-battle statistics screen.
- The Armory interface has been revamped. Navigation between sections will be easier and more convenient.
- Added the possibility to preview ships and camouflages in the Port.
Updates to unique upgrades
In 0.9.5, we’re starting the process of updating the unique upgrades. The current concept provides an additional opportunity to mount an upgrade with special-but-balanced bonuses in comparison to regular upgrades.
These changes will balance the effectiveness of unique upgrades, and at the same time preserve the unique gameplay of each ship. You can view the detailed list of changes in the game client, Development Blog, and the article about Update 0.9.5.
The following maps and Ports have been updated to accommodate the new lightning model and enhanced HDR technology:
- Operations maps: Killer Whale, Defense of Naval Station Newport, Raptor Rescue, Narai
- Ports: Dunkirk, Kronstadt, Designer’s Table, and Twitch Prime
Some changes have been made to the geometry of Greece and Sleeping Giant maps.
Round 1 Schedule
Starts: Thu. 21 May 18:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 21 May 17:30Ends: Tue. 26 May 10:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Tue. 26 May 09:30
Special Features of the Test
The Armory will be stocked with the following bundles for testing:
- Random bundles with Soviet Tokens, available in exchange for doubloons.
- Bundles with V Texas, V Marblehead, and V Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, all available for Soviet Tokens. These bundles are opened in sequential order.
The Public Test server also features six Daily Missions that will be updated every day.
|Complete two Daily Missions in Random and Co-op Battles.
Reward on the live server: 3x each type of signal, except for special signals
|Complete four Daily Missions in Random and Co-op Battles.
Reward on the live server: 10x Type 6 camouflage patterns
|Complete ship construction at the Dockyard.
Reward on the live server: 1x Wargaming container
|Secure a victory in Co-op Battles playing four out of the following six ships: Campbeltown, Oleg, Charleston, Texas, Marblehead, Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya.
Reward on the live server: 5x each of the following special signals: Dragon, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, and Hydra
|Complete ten Daily Missions in Random and Co-op Battles.
Reward on the live server: 3x each of the following special signals: Scylla, Basilisk, and Leviathan
One Wargaming container provides 1 day of Warships Premium Account.
Public Test 0.9.3 opened the Spring Season, which is scheduled to run across three updates.
- Completing two personal missions will reward you with a season emblem.
- Completing three personal missions will reward you with a unique flag, patch, and Premium Ship VI container.
- Those in possession of all four different season emblems will be rewarded with the unique Public Test Veteran emblem.
|Spring Season #3|
|Deal 1,000,000 damage playing an aircraft carrier or destroyer.
Deal 1,500,000 damage playing a battleship or cruiser.
Reward on the live server: 3x each of the following camouflage patterns: Awarded, Trophy, Deserved, and Triumphant.
The mission can be completed only once, playing Tier VIII–X ships in Random Battles.
Completing the above mission unlocks access to the Spring Season #2 mission from the previous Public Test. Once you have completed the Spring Season #2 mission, the Spring Season #1 mission from the Public Test of Update 0.9.3 will become available to you. Please note: the conditions for completing missions of the first and second stages of the “Spring season” have changed: for each combat mission it is only needed to play 20 battles, the other conditions were removed due to technical reasons. If you already started working your way through the Spring Season mission during the Public Tests of Updates 0.9.3 and 0.9.4, your progress will have been saved.
- At the start of the Public Test, every participant will have all researchable Tier VI–VIII ships, helmed by Commanders with 15 skill points, credited to their PT accounts.
- The research prices for ships and ship modules will be substantially discounted.
- Players will be able to reset Commander skills free of charge.
If you’re joining the Public Test for the first time since Update 0.9.3, you’ll be awarded the following additional bonuses:
- 500,000,000 credits; 30,000 doubloons; and 90 days of Premium Account.
- 50 signals of all types (except for special signals) will also be added to your PT account.
How to Access the Public Test
All information on how to join the Public Test and obtain its rewards is available on a dedicated page of the official website.