We are happy to announce the release of the 0.8.0.1 update for World of Warships.
Commanders! Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable
Update size: ~ 100 MB.
To allow you to adapt your Commanders and ships to the new carrier gameplay as comfortably as possible, from February 8 to February 11, you’ll be able to retrain your Commanders, redistribute their skill points and demount modernizations for free. This event includes all Commanders and ships, regardless of specialization or class.
In Update 0.8.0.1 we will carry out balance changes and improvements of aircraft carriers and AA stats.
- To reduce the attacking and spotting potential of Attack Aircraft against destroyers in high-tier battles, the number of aircraft in the squadron was changed to 9, and in the attack group to 3. The changes affected the aircraft carriers VIII Lexington, VIII Shokaku, X Midway, X Hakuryu.
- Increased the height which returning aircraft need to reach in order to become invulnerable to AA fire. This will allow ships to fire longer on returning aircraft and will help to counter the tactic in which the player gives the order to the squadron to return immediately after the first attack group’s run (“F” key by default).
- Maneuvering among the AA explosions allows you to reduce the damage received from air defense, even while in the AA range of ships with powerful air defense. We redistributed the efficiency of air defense between the constant damage taken and the puffs of damage from explosions – the efficiency was increased for the former and decreased for the latter. This will keep the tactics of dodging explosions still effective, but it will not allow planes to stay too long in the range of air defense without taking significant losses, especially when attacking a formation of ships.
- Changed several features of the Japanese torpedo bombers. Now, if during the preparation for the attack, the attack group maneuvers, your aim will not stabilize (aiming cone stops narrowing). And when maneuvering during an attack run – begins to widen. In order to carry out an effective attack, you need to preemptively choose the line of attack and try not to make last-minute maneuvers.
- Reduced the chance of flooding by approximately a third for the Japanese aerial torpedoes in tiers IV-VIII, and by half for German (tier VIII) and Japanese (tier X) aerial torpedoes.
- Significant changes have affected the alternative plane torpedo module for X Hakuryu. The attack run preparation is now longer, and more difficult – the parameters of the aiming were changed and the angles of the torpedo spread were increased even when aiming is at its most accurate. In addition, the speed of aircraft when returning to the aircraft carrier is reduced and the delay before the start of a new attack is increased. We have significantly changed the characteristics of torpedoes: reduced speed, increased detection radius and arming time.
- To increase the effectiveness of attacks, we added resistance to AA damage for bombers at the time of readiness to attack (when the aiming indicator turns green). In this phase of the attack, all bombers will receive 30% less damage.
- Bug fixes: the aiming for the stock attack aircraft on the carrier VI Rangeris now similar to the aiming for all American attack aircraft. The characteristics of the basic ‘Fighter’ consumable for V Emeraldare brought to the same value as ‘Fighter II’ and the minimum speed of the stock Japanese bombers of all tiers does not exceed the minimum speed on the researchable bombers.
- If the ship has no 25 mm AA guns, medium-range AA defenses start at 1 km. These ships’ AA configuration will now be emphasized if you can’t shoot planes inside of a 1km range.
Changes to test ships
- British torpedo bombers showed excessive efficiency in combat. To balance them, the following changes have been made:
- Changed the parameters of the approach to the attack of British torpedo bombers: the duration of the attack preparation has been increased and the angles of the torpedo spread at optimal aiming have been increased.
- Changed settings on all the British aerial torpedoes: increased time of arming, increased range, and their speed is now equal to 35 knots.
- On British aircraft carriers at tiers VIII and X there is now only one type of torpedo: Mark XII (basic tier VIII aerial torpedo).
In addition, some bugs have been fixed in the update:
- Fixed a bug where the flag of the eleventh Ranked Season was displayed incorrectly in the player’s profile in the section with season statistics.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze when switching to the port in some cases on weak PC configurations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the sound of shots in combat to be played incorrectly in some cases.
- Finally, in honour of the Lunar New Year celebrations, all players that switched over to the Dragon Port will see a new loading screen with a thematic image.
While you’re here, you may be interested in the most recent Dev Blog post featuring 0.8.0 AA — how it works, how it interacts with commander skills and upgrades, and everything else.
Prefer to put your feet up and watch Youtube video? We have you covered – this Friday, 8th February we’ll tell you all about the mechanics of anti-aircraft defense, new consumables, and fighter planes in our ‘How It Works’ video series. Part 1 can be found below if you missed it.