From The Portal
New Map: Empire’s Border
You’ve probably heard about this map from Chinese sources. Empire’s Border received a warm welcome and positive feedback from its home audience, so we’re including it into the roster for all regions as it was previously only available on the China server.
Empire’s Border will become the first Asia-set locale to join the game since the release of Update 1.0. Featuring what many consider the 8th Wonder of the World, the map is sliced into two halves by the Great Wall of China, commanding the landscape from higher ground.
The whole locale is split into several altitudes, each offering tactical versatility of its own.
Both Widepark and Highway have been revamped to HD quality, adding an extra level of immersion, while leaving their core gameplay unchanged.
Andrius Klimka – Widepark (intro)
The Second Front
Lots of you have reached tremendous progress in the 1st operation. Your performance is crucial to reap the best rewards, so, way to go, tankers! And, while the first stage is at full swing, this Common Test marks the virtual start of the Second Front’s 3rd operation.
As a reminder, here’s how the personal missions’ core concept looks like:
- The first operation is all about persistence. These are missions that can be completed over time and require you to show your prowess in victory and resilience in the jaws of defeat. These missions have a secondary task that’s not needed to start the next mission, but completing it means doubling your progress towards a blueprint.
- The second operation is all about showcasing your skill in one specific battle. These missions revolve around one match, whether it be dealing a set amount of damage, destroying enough enemy tanks, or any other objective. They are reminiscent of the older Personal Missions.
- The third operation is all about showing consistently good results over several battles. These missions require you to have more than just luck on your side. Prove your worth over a series of battles to complete these missions.
As you can see, the 3rd operation differs from the first two, requiring consistency and precision, first of all. As missions here are spread across several battles (say, you are to deal 3,000 damage or more for 5 battles in a row), there’s a feature that will allow you to put your progress on hold, if you feel like you need a rest before the next stint.
Certain clusters (for example, the game server hosting players from Latin America) have an issue with long waiting times to get into battle, specifically at the lower tiers. To shorten the queuing time, we are introducing AI-controlled vehicles and would like to test the mechanic during this Common Test.
They will only play on certain maps and between Tiers I–V. Don’t panic, you will always know when you are playing with bots as they will have colons “:” at the start and end of their names, coupled with a specific badge.
The number and classes of bots on each team will always be the same so there is no advantage to one team over the other and will be limited to a certain number per team.
All players testing this feature will be providing feedback for other PvE events we are looking at in the future. Bots will be active straight at the launch of Common Test 1.2, and with the release of Update 1.2, we’ll disable them everywhere. In the future, bots will be released on the LATAM, and possibly Australia, clusters.
|Minimum number of actual players per team:||3|
|Waiting limit:||20 seconds before the matchmaker adds bots to a battle|
|How to distinguish:||Colon (“:”) & special badge|
|Maps played:||Karelia, Prokhorovka, Mines, Redshire, Steppes, Fishing Bay, Ensk, Lakeville, Ruinberg, Murovanka, Erlenberg, Siegfried Line, Cliff, Desert, El Hallouf, Airfield, Caucasus, Mannerheim Line, Glacier, Serene Coast, Overlord|
- HOW THE CT WORKS
New to testing? Check out our handy guide to public tests.
Eligibility: All players registered prior to 05 September, 22:59 CEST (UTC+2) can participate in the test.
Feedback: Please post your general feedback about the test version and bug reports in the special thread on our forum.
- TEST CLIENT
- Download the test client installer (4,9 MB).
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files.
- Save and run the installer.
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data.
- Log in and start playing.
List of Changes
1. Changes to Personal Missions
- The third operation (Object 279 (e)) of the new campaign becomes available:
- added a new type of missions that should be completed within a certain number of battles. Otherwise, the progress is reset and the mission should be started anew. Three mission types are available in the operation:
- Accumulative (require achieving a certain value by a specified parameter). The mission lasts until the player fulfills the set condition or runs out of attempts.
- Series (require completing the set condition within several battles; at the same time the number of attempts is bigger than the number of required completions).
- Continuous (require fulfilling the set condition in every battle of the series). A failed attempt interrupts the series.
- The Pause button becomes available in the mission profiles of the operation. It allows pausing a mission: the progress will be suspended until the player continues it. Players can take some rest and be not afraid of losing progress.
- Improvements to the reward screens:
- Display of accumulative conditions in the operation profile according to the common interface of such missions.
- Proper display of missions that have interchangeable conditions “OR”.
- Improvement to the mission profile: the Cancel button is removed.
Maps that have been reworked in HD:
- Empire’s Border
Balance changes have been added on the following maps:
- Sand River
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)