Quite a few new features coming up for World of Tanks Console (and some much needed improvements). Lets see whats in store:
New to WoT Console, the D-day set Overlord is finally making its debute as well as a rain variant of the Komarin map.
Armor and Component Viewer Improvements
Based on player feedback, the following will be added to the armor and module viewer:
- Engine Module: Displays engine fire chance
- Gun Module: Displays gun elevation and depression
- Suspension Module: Terrain resistance included
- Ammunition Module: Shell velocity added
In addition, you can now use the viewer on non-purchased tech tree tanks and Store Bundles (finally!). Simply select “Tank Info” in the tech tree.
Achievments and Trophies
A few new achievements added to all console platforms:
- Dressed to Impress: Play once in camouflage on a map that matches the camo (i.e. snow camo on snowy maps).
XBOX ONE AND PLAYSTATION 4:
- Blind Faith: Destroy an unspotted (invisible) enemy vehicle.
- A God Among Men: Survive for one minute while detected as the last remaining member of your team.
- Call the Ball: Request fire on a target and have it destroyed by an ally within 30 seconds.
- Preparing for War: Equip three types of equipment on a vehicle.
XBOX ONE AND 360:
- Der Rhine Time: Destroy four enemies in a single battle using a German vehicle
- For Mother Russia: Destroy four enemies in a single battle using a Soviet vehicle
- Decorated Hero: Unlock all World of Tanks achievements on Xbox 360
- MVP: Have the highest XP of your team.
- Stand By Me: Survive and win a battle along with one or more Platoonmates.
- Silver Trophy: While in a Platoon, destroy an enemy that is also in a Platoon.
Penalties for Self Destruction
Your tanks worth in Silver and XP will be distributed across all living opponents if you destroy your own vehicle. You will recieve a notice in the post battle result screen.
- “What’s New” section added to Game Mode Screen
- Dynamic Store Specials highlight in-game offers and events
- Komarin – Rain
- T-54 First Prototype/T-54 “Motherland”: Max ammo count increased from 34 to 56
- Sherman Firefly “Boilermaker”: Vision radius decreased from 370 to 360
- Erlenburg and Ardennes: Ice substance effects added
- Proving Grounds: specific battle end text added
- New Emblems: “Family,” “Student Driver” and “Tank for Sale”
- “Supply Conservation” Skill: Visual cue added when Skill activated
- Reloading Radial: Displays reload time left
- FCM 50 t Liberté: Stripes extended to the end of the tank
- Ensk – War!; Ruinberg – War!: Updated map and removed excess debris
- Armor Viewer: Fire chance, gun elevation/depression, shell velocity, and terrain resistance added
- Post Battle Results Screen: XP earned from a “Battle Hero” medal displayed separately
- Thiepval Ridge: Increased cap time for Standard and Encounter modes
- Skorpion Pass (Assault): Adjusted base/spawn for balance
- Thiepval Ridge (Standard): Adjusted base/spawn for balance
- Northwest (Standard); Highway (Standard): Adjusted base/spawn for balance
- Heilbronn: Assault mode added
- Unassigned Crews will display their last assigned tank
- Reload status of tanks available to Spectators
- Skills are fully listed in Module Viewer
- Changed kill feed to display the destroyed tank instead of the destroyer’s tank.
- Discount tag shifted to left of prices
- Garage/menus: Updated font and icons
- Added mirror support for the US flag
- Varied shell sizes for tracers
- Metal spark effects improved
- Fixed background hiss when firing select guns
- Fixed chat slider to mute audio when set to 0
- Fixes various Russian localizations in the Garage, help screen, stats, etc.
- Button legend updated to display “Invite to Team Training” for the social list within Team Training
- Fixed localization for “Elite Tanks” text
- Turkish localization: Fixed research issue
- “Tutorials” screen: Objectives match the results screen
- Team Training: Player count updates correctly
- Armor Viewer: Power to weight ratio values corrected
- Fixed issue that caused incorrect Survivability rating
- New Platoon host can invite players to join the Platoon
- Added “and survive” to several achievements/trophy descriptions
- Spotted tank icons outside of view range no longer flash
- Skill and Perk icons remain inside the safe zone
- The “Premium benefits” title no longer truncated in certain languages
- Spectator HUD “Turn HUD off” option works properly
- Gorynych KV-5 name appears correctly in the overview map
- Spectator: You can no longer scroll through the player list while in fly-cam
- Removed confirmation window when exiting Proving Grounds
- Fixed emblems, inscriptions, and Marks of Excellence disappearing on Xbox One and PS4.
- Fixed incorrect callouts from AI in Proving Grounds
- Pz.Kpfw. II J: Fixed destroyed state model and turret collision model
- T-10: Fixed tread collision model to match visual model
- T71: Fixed destroyed state model
- KV-1: Fixed tread collision model to match visual model
- Centurion Action X: Fixed destroyed state model
- Type 5 Heavy: Fixed visual issues with normal and destroyed state model
- O-Ni: Fixed visual issues with normal model
- AMX 50 100: Added animated attachments
- Conqueror: Gun animated attachment removed when destroyed
- Kaiju O-I: Fixed destroyed state model
- Sherman Firefly: Camouflage no longer applies to wheels
- Chieftain Mk. 6: Fixed visual issue on gun mantlet
- T26E4 Freedom: Stars added to wheels and adjusted turret emblem position
- Tiger II: Fixed incorrect treads
- M41 Bulldog: Fixed destroyed state model
- T34: Fixed armor value display
- All new player T7 Combat Cars have preferential matchmaking
- Sturmpanzer II: Fixed treads
- T1 Cunningham: Fixed track rollers
- T28 Prototype: Fixed camouflage on gun
- M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo: Fixed incorrect treads
- VK 30.02 (M): Fixed gun mantlet model
- O-Ho: Camouflage no longer visible in incorrect areas
- Thiepval Ridge: Buildings no longer float, added machine gun models to match VFX and rocks to block inaccessible parts of the hill
- Pacific Island: Smoothed out terrain to prevent being stuck
- Heilbronn: Fixed multiple instances of bushes clipping into buildings, added rocks to block inaccessible parts of the hill
- Wide Park: Fixed floating props
- Great Wall: Unintended regions blocked
- Hidden Village: Adjusted a spawn position away from a tree
- Sacred Valley – War!: Adjusted a spawn position away from a fence
- Live Oaks: Removed a tree causing a collision issue
- Karelia: Smoothed out terrain to help prevent getting stuck, fixed floating props, and blocked access to unintended regions
- Ghost Town: Adjusted tree placement so they fall over completely.
- Abbey: Smoothed out terrain to help prevent getting stuck, and fixed floating props
- South Coast: New cultural assets
- Airfield, Komarin: Adjusted prop placement
Good to see some focus on fixing existing features rather than dumping new content on players, changes to the armor viewer are particularly welcome. Whether the update is smooth and bug free… Well we’ll see. Hopefully.
Xbox 360- 100mb title update+ 1GB patch download
Xbox One- 3.6GB
12 thoughts on “World of Tanks Console: Update 3.4 “Overlord””
WoT Console is everything WG promised for WoT PC but never delivered because “it wont work”, and everything PC players want…
-HD tank models and skins (some of the current HD models dont look that good, and after 2 years we still miss a lot)
-balanced premiums (you pay for skins, not for exclusive OP tanks)
-penalities for self destruction
If it wasnt for the paid multiplayer I’d move there, but I dont wanna pay XBL Gold just to play one game online when its a free2play MMO…
If they just add Havok WG PC will get so much complaints…
Soviet calculators holding us back. WG never sucks by just doing something badly – they always go a whole new direction noone expected, when it comes to sucking and failing. As long as we keep paying for the PC version, there’s no need to change for them.
I hate WG for their undeserved fame and for holding down their World-of-games’ potential on a third world level.
You guys have one thing Console will never get though: Some goddamn balance changes. We still have Tier X TDs with 400+ view ranges and 850 alpha damage.
Except FV4005, that was implimented with post nerf stats, because adjusting the line would be too much work.
Crew skills being put behind pay walls.
And we are still being held back by limitations of the decade old Xbox 360.
Not saying we don’t have some nice things, but its faaaar from the paradise that some of the PC community seem to think.
you know, “grass on other side is always greener”
A couple things:
-“balanced premiums (you pay for skins, not for exclusive OP tanks)” the console version is getting the same premium tanks as PC in addition to the reskinned tanks, it just hasn’t caught up all the way yet.
-“penalities for self destruction” it’s worded oddly but this update doesn’t penalize suicides any more than it used to. See: http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/158504-suicide-clarification/
-“If they just add Havok WG PC will get so much complaints…” Havok is actually used in World of Tanks Console, although nothing too dramatic. See: https://youtu.be/LPwsJJQf1k4
Ha ha ha. They still have to play on Komarin
I’m sure, on WoT console there is no map that sucks, because graphics and gameplay let you enjoy every battle.
Tier 8 and below. So its not too bad.
Overlord? HAH! Time for them to join in The Suffering! DIE!
T-54 First Prototype/T-54 “Motherland”: Max ammo count increased from 34 to 56
PC NEEDED THIS TOO !
This is an impressive patch, wow, looking forward to seeing this draw more players to console which will encourage PC and blitz to implement/build off these changes. This might sound weird and unintuitive but console world of tanks is not pc world of tanks. It’s alright to compare between the two because it is fun and gets ideas going but you have to remember the two games are different via controls, maps, and overall ecosystem. Simply put, two different games need two different systems of balancing and the end product should not be identical. I don’t know much about the actual balancing side of any of the world of tanks systems so I can’t say anything solid of the matter. Just food for thought inbetween enjoying future buffs on your fav tanks.
It’s pretty good as long as you don’t play tier 10, it’s a shambles because WG console only care about spreadsheets and not how it affects the gameplay. Not one tier 10 TD has had an Alpha Nerf and the muppet Leo Flores (head balancer) says “the WT-E100 is one of the most balanced tier 10 TD’s”, it still has the 6 round clip and is the same as when the PC first had it.