The Test Server is up and all the Information is bellow. From Wargaming.
Common Test Review
As Update 9.20.1 is cruising to release, we’re starting a new wave of common tests for everyone to hop in and voice their opinion on several improvements the team’s been working on lately. Here’s what will be available for testing:
- Rebalanced Tier X LTs, British and American tanks.
- Revamped Personal Missions with completely reworked UI and streamlined completion mechanic.
- Improvements to matchmaker.
- An extra reward for great performance: Epic Medals and Battle Hero achievements earned at Tiers IV–X now come with Bonds.
To get a closer look at the first two, jump to the recently released articles:
Bonds and Medals
Ranked Battles were our first foray with the new Bonds currency, and we looked at it as a learning opportunity that will help us gather feedback and evolve Bonds moving forward. Now, you can stock up on Bonds in Tier X Random Battles, Grand Battles, and of course, the Ranked Battles 2nd Beta Season. As promised, we don’t plan to stop here—starting with Update 9.20.1, Epic Medals and Battle Heroes earned in Tier IV–X vehicles come with Bonds.
Why Are We Tying Bonds to Medals?
Bonds quickly became the talk of the community since their debut, with many players asking for more ways to earn them. That’s exactly what we wanted to implement, but there was a lot more to figure out along the way. For one, we had to find how to grow the currency while keeping its core concept intact. Bonds were initially positioned as a definitive reward for the most skilled and efficient, and we aim to keep it this way. That’s the reason we started with Tier X engagements—it takes a bit of time and effort to reach the top tiers and survive when you’re there. Hence, the chances of getting Bonds by luck are close to zero, cementing their intended role.
At the same time, we didn’t want to leave behind tankers who haven’t made it to Tier X, or don’t enjoy playing at higher tiers. Adding medals to the equation seemed like a natural solution; the accolades on a personal record speak volumes about a tanker’s worth and signal how far you’ve come in terms of combat excellence and strike that special chord, pushing you to step up your game, constantly aim higher, and rise to new challenges. The harder they are to attain, the more lasting memories are left. By making Bonds an extra reward for Epic Medals and Battle Heroes achievements, we stay true to the concept behind the currency and give you something to work toward beyond just recognition and satisfying memories.
How Does it Work?
We outlined two categories—Epic Medals and Battle Heroes achievements—and ranked their medals by complexity. Another variable affecting Bonds quantities is the vehicle you choose: pick any Tier IV–X tank you’re (ideally) the best at and hit the battlefield. Just keep in mind that the higher the vehicle tier, the more Bonds you get with an achievement.
To emphasize the overarching concept behind Bonds, we excluded cumulative awards like “War Genius” and “Wolf Among Sheep” and went ahead with those that reward stellar performance in a single battle.
Discover how you can join the Common Test:
How the CT works
Eligibility: All players registered prior to 22:59 CEST (UTC+2) on 13 September can participate in the test.
Feedback: please post your general feedback about the test version and bug reports in the special thread on our forum.
- Download the test client installer (4,9 MB).
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files.
- Save and run the installer.
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data.
- Log in and start playing.
The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery: 04:00 UTC every day. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Second Periphery: 05:00 UTC every day. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Central Database: 09:00 UTC every day. Average duration will be around 2 minutes.
The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.