Hello everyone the WoWp devs have posted an Article on their own Developer blog
For those that don’t want to read here’s what it is about:
- The Developers have recieved a lot of feedback in the testing phases of Wowp 2.0, in reaction to them, the devs will readd some of the old UI interface elements as an alternative option in the settings ( altitude indicator, aispeed indicator, altimeter which will display dangerous and critical altitude and speed ranges).
- They also want to return the flaps to pre 2.0 which will mean that the flaps will be sepearated from the current airbrake. So flaps and airbrake [S] will be seperated.
- They want to work on the controls a bit more to make aircraft more responsive and their behavior more smooth and predictable.
- They want to return the aircraft anniversary celebrations. People who missed their anniversaries in the mean time will likely be able to get them after it got readded.
- Replay recording and playing will be restored asap.
- The Devs have planned a surprise for the fourth WoWp anniversary, news will be announced in the coming weeks.
- the next global event ( I’ll explain what that is further down when i share my thoughts) will come for the New Year.
- The two upcoming major patches will include features to help new players to get to grips with the game ( Tutorial etc.) as well as a new gamemode for veteran players.
- WoWp 2.0 has made the game modular and adaptable which means the devs now have numerous tools to set, combine and adjust these mechanics for different purposes.
- This includes the idea of a Tutorial PvE campaign for new players.
- Veterans will recieve special new game modes on which tournaments can be held. They can be a combination between PvP and PvE.
- Numerous bomber branches are planned and will include rare as well as iconic vehicles.
- The first researchable bomber branch will include german twin engined medium bombers which will include the Junkers Ju-88A and the Dornier Do-217.
- Among the future researchable bombers we will see bombers such as the Pe-2 and later on the B-17 Flying Fortress.
First of all the changes about the UI and the Flaps, they won’t have any affect on how the game plays, in fact it’ll improve it quite a lot.
The UI changes for exemple show you how close you are to reaching a critical speed which will reduce your maneuverability once your speed reaches yellow or red numbers. It’s a quality of life improvement really, as is the altimeter which gives you a visual representation of your aircrafts optimal height, above these boundaries the plane can’t fly at optimal airspeeds and you tend to fly very slow.
As for the flaps, it’s great news for any turnfighters as flaps allow you to turn faster, and them not being bound to the airbrake means that you can do turnfights without burning to much speed as a to low airspeed reduces maneuverability and currently you can not use the flaps and boos at the same time to keep your speed in safe levels.
Another thing i am most excited about are the aircraft anniversary, it means that the planes you decided to keep in your hangar will recieve rewards and several boosters for an x amount of battles each time an anniversary event takes place. To my knowledge it’s 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and every following year once.
Next thing i’ll talk about are global events, It’s essentially an Allies vs. Axis gamemode in which you can decide each day what side you’re on. During this event there will be two different modes: peace time and war time. During peace time you can play the game normally without anything going on, during war times, you’ll only get Axis vs. Allies in your battles and every time one side wins it’ll go into a point pool, winner is who reaches the required amounts of points first, during war time, you can earn loot boxes by completing several objectives and the side which wins the daily confrontation will double it’s loot boxes.
That’s at least how it was until now, things may turn out different than i explained.
I am also very excited about endgame content for veterans, though i am not to keen on the whole tournament aspect but i guess i’ll have to wait and see, they might prove me wrong, who knows really, they turned a shit game into a good one so anything is possible.
As for the Bombers, i think it’s great that they’re adding those lines, although i do not understand why they don’t go with the most iconic line first which would be the B-17s as they have 2 variants already in the game as AI bombers.
23 thoughts on “World of Warplanes Devblog: WoWp 2.0; the Beginning (with opinion piece)”
The best performing and most iconic bomber of WW2 was the Lancaster, not the B-17.
That’s a matter of debate and personal opinion. If you’re talking about ‘iconic’ one means ‘how many people know about it’. If you ask random people about ww2 bombers, I think most of them will know the B-17, but not the Lancaster.
I don’t see anyone anywhere saying it was the best-performing bomber, unless I missed it in all that text…
I think you’d find that outside maybe America, most people would think of the Lancaster, especially in the UK and potentially even in places such as Australia.
As someone who lives in Europe, I can tell you the Lancaster is definitely not as known as the British think…
The best performing bomber would be the Mosquito – in terms of investment per damage they were unmatched. The most iconic would be the B-29, anyone thinking otherwise is a hobbyist riding personal affection. The first use of Nuclear Weapons marks an unprecedented change in the course of human activity and the B-29 delivered it.
B-17s and Lancasters are cool though.
Is the Mosquito in the same class? I think I’d classify it more like a fighter-bomber and not a heavy bomber.
I was actually thinking of the B-29 as well, but since the op was about the B-17, I didn’t mention it. Also, the entire Boeing bomber series received a lot of attention world-wide, especially with movies like Dr. Strangelove (what a way to go).
Not too many movies made about the lancaster. Lots about the B17 as well as tv series.
Most people would identify a B17 in a lineup vs a lancaster.
LMAO Lancaster ? That thing had only 7.7mm mg’s and didnt even have a belly guner! It was easily taken out simply by going at it from bellow!! And you think it was the best preforming one? Why because it did mostly night raids so it i survived more then the B-17? Dont be stupi!
Well, to be fair, Lancaster’s primary strength was its ability to carry 22000lb Grand Slam bombs, which no other bomber could. Well, even Lancaster couldn’t carry it without its bomb bay half-open 😀
But yeah, B-17 is still more iconic, better armed for self-defence, had more impact on war effort (despite heavy losses in daytime raids) and its early versions were around since 1936.
The flaps or UI won’t make any difference if they will keep current flight model, aiming and aircraft characteristics in place. That’s the main reason most of the veteran players stopped playing. The game is a mindless first person shooter now.
“For those that don’t want to read here is a wall of text to read what it is about:” 😛
Also, a little piece of advice Mizutayio, try to use shorter sentences or more punctuation. Some of your paragraphs are just one very long line. It makes reading it a little bit easier.
Thansl for the feedback and i’ll try to do that the next time 😀
Have a code fore NA server (I’m one EU so I give it for free)Bundle that includes (3) different Warplanes so Again only for NA server I have allready try on my EU account
Free code for WoWp: WARPLANES
Gives a tier 2 and tier 3 premium planes!
Thank you 🙂
Luftwaffe and R.A.F.
“The WG code is not valid. Please try again.”
It did work on EU server when I tried.
however, the mission conditions are extremely insane, luck based and time consuming.
I just quit playing WoWp after spending 3 hours on doing 1 token misison (during that time I got 65% win ratio and were top player in the team more often than not, so it is not me sucking)
It’s the attitude indicator, not altitude indicator! A.K.A. the artificial horizon, which shows where your plane is pointed compared to Earth’s horizon. It’s a crucial element of the GUI, because it’s impossible to climb efficiently and energy fight without it. That they removed it in the first place is beyond retarded and shows what a kiddie shitshow 2.0 is.
Also, “tournament modes for veterans” mean nothing if they don’t return the flight model in those modes back to 1.9. Currently, the flight model is so shallow it doesn’t allow for any advanced skill-based gameplay, so veterans have no inclination to play it at all. WoWp 2.0. flight model is as if WoT had no armor angling, no camo and every tank had an accuracy of an arty.
I hope for America we get some crazy awesome bombers like B-36, B-47, or even B-52
Hell, U.S could have 2 lines of bombers, maybe even a experimental line too, ending in XB-51 or something.
i want to love it but the garrison/communication/airfield occupation thing i’m not sure of.
i played the game from beta and early on it was good but i stopped seriously playing a year ago and have come back to it last few days. it needs tweeks and fully customisable joy stick support.
i have been playing war thunder as a comparison and it is good.
War thunder has a massive problem for me and its the controls or lack of support of joy stick.
So with a few tweeks and fully customisable contols , i’m back.
oh and some Italian planes would be nice
me–> SEA server pls. playing to EU is a major pain in the derriere