There’s a new edition of the Update 1.6‘s Common Test coming up. Starting today, 25 July, you can jump into it to discover our latest changes, as well as one massive introduction: a new map for the upcoming episodes of Frontline.
Be the First to Try A New Frontline Map
A new map for the Frontline mode, dubbed “Kraftwerk”, has just entered open testing. The rules are familiar to you: there are six zones (bases) to defend or capture, and five large guns (the main targets) for the attackers to destroy.
The new map is set in the suburbs of a post-WWII Central European city during winter. Here, you can battle it out in open patches with complex terrain, small towns, ruins of old castles, military bunkers, and more.
The Loadscreen Soundtrack intro and Battle Theme
Screenshots and Minimap
The map’s centerpiece is a “kraftwerk”, the German term for “power station”, with imposing cooling towers.
The first line of defense is chiefly made up of city blocks complemented by wide-open passages and approaches. Here, close-to-mid-range fighting will predominantly take place.
The second defense line includes spacious open grounds, featuring dramatic terrain changes at the flanks that favor bold and swift moves to take tactically advantageous positions. The power station in the middle of the map is one of the most densely built-up parts of the locale.
The last defense line where the crucial targets are located consists of a mixed landscape with varied terrain shapes. Here you’ll face military bunkers that constitute one of the map’s unique traits. And, fancy that, so large they are, you can enter them to fight right inside.
The balance and looks mentioned aren’t set in stone yet as the map is still in the works. If we’re happy with the test results, Kraftwerk will supplement the World of Tanks maps gallery in September’s episode of Frontline.
- HOW THE CT WORKS
New to testing? Check out our handy guide to public tests.
Eligibility: cut-off was done on July 6, so all players registered prior to 22:59 CEST (UTC+2) on July 5 can participate in test.
Feedback: Please post your general feedback about the test version and bug reports in the special thread on our forum.
In order to participate in the test using the Wargaming.net Game Center, use the following link.
- The Wargaming.net Game Center will download all the additional data
- Start playing
- Added the new Kraftwerk map for the Frontline mode (map type: winter, European).
- Reduced the respawn cooldown in the Frontline mode from 30 to 10 seconds.
- When pressing ESC during the animation of a decal changing its state (e.g., size, position, etc.), the screen no longer hangs.
- Fixed the issue related to the display of the IS-7’s left track.
- Fixed some localization issues.
- Fixed the issue when the 3-D style outline overlapped the style information menu.
- Fixed the issues when the Settings window could not be closed with ESC after switching between tabs.
Changes to Technical Characteristics of Vehicles
- Increased the ammo rack capacity from 16 to 20 shells
- Changed the aiming time from 2.3 to 1.9 s
- Changed dispersion during movement from 0.18 to 0.16 m
- Changed dispersion on hull traverse from 0.18 to 0.16 m
- Now the vehicle can turn on the spot
- Changed the engine power from 500 to 530 h.p.
GSOR3301 AVR FS
- Changed the power of the Daimler D2458 V-8 engine from 250 to 265 h.p.
- Changed the power of the Jaguar J.60 engine from 135 to 140 h.p.
- Changed the power of the Rolls Royse FB60 engine from 135 to 160 h.p.
Apologies for the late publication. WordPress decided to cooperate only today.